I Reincarnated as the Villain in a Rom-Com, but I'm Enjoying Youth with My Favorite Heroine - Chapter 65 English

Chapter 65  –  A Peaceful Summer Day (3)


"Ryusuke, you've been studying a lot."

"Yeah, I feel like I've made a lot of progress since I stayed focused."

Having started working on assignments with Mashiro, it was now just past noon. Time had flown by, likely due to the concentration we'd maintained.

We had been working through the problems together, which made me feel like we were getting more done than usual. Even so, with the sheer amount of homework we’d been given—enough to take several days to complete—we were still only in the early stages, despite our current pace.

I wanted to have productive days during summer break, not just by playing around, but also by regularly holding study sessions like this.

As I pondered that, taking a moment to sit on the sofa and catch my breath, Mashiro, seated next to me, let out a big stretch with a "nnnnn". Her T-shirt rode up slightly, and I caught a glimpse of her pale stomach, making me quickly avert my eyes.

(Seriously... she's so defenseless.)

Maybe it stood out more because she was dressed casually, something she’d only wear at home.

It might seem like I was overreacting just from catching a glimpse of her navel, but I wish people would understand the sheer impact of seeing a pretty girl like Mashiro in such an unguarded state. Even though we’d known each other since childhood, I still couldn’t help but feel my heart race.

I hadn't noticed while we were studying, but once I became aware of it, a restless feeling started welling up inside me.

At times like this, I had no choice but to act as calm as possible, pretending nothing had happened. But Mashiro, as always, kept closing the distance between us, getting a bit clingy.

"Hey, hey, let's take a break. I'm tired."

"Ah, yeah... How about lunch? I can make omurice again."

"I do want omurice, but hold on. I want to laze around with you a little longer before we eat."

Saying that, Mashiro readjusted herself and leaned more heavily against me.

With her head resting on my shoulder, I felt the tickle of her smooth hair, and a faint, sweet fragrance teased my nose. Her soft body pressed against me, making my heart, which I had just calmed, start racing again.

It seemed like Mashiro wanted to spend some relaxed, intimate time with me, just like yesterday on the bus. She didn’t comment on my blushing face—probably because the morning’s study session had worn her out, and her desire to be close outweighed her usual urge to tease.

As proof, she nudged her head against me and made a soft, affectionate sound like a cat.

"Mmm, Ryusuke, you're so warm and smell really nice... I feel so safe."

"For me, I'd say you smell much nicer, Mashiro."

"Really? What kind of smell? I'm a little curious how you think of me."

"It’s sweet, gentle, and very girly. Honestly, I wonder how you can smell so good."

"Hehe, that makes me so happy! Getting compliments from you makes me feel the happiest!"

Overjoyed by my honest compliment, Mashiro smiled contentedly and hugged me even tighter.

Her casual loungewear had thin fabric, so I could feel her body heat more than usual, and the sensation of her soft, marshmallow-like chest pressing against me made it hard to keep my cool. It felt like the sweet, syrupy atmosphere was filling the entire room.

No matter how strong-willed I was, this situation was becoming dangerous. Normally, I would just indulge her like this, but my mind had been too preoccupied with battling the rising emotions inside, leaving me little composure.

"Mashiro... Maybe it’s about time we…"

"Hmm? Time for lunch?"

"Yeah, my throat’s dry, and I’m hungry... plus, I used my brain a lot, so I could use something sweet."

"How about watermelon? It'll hydrate us, satisfy our sweet tooth, and fill us up."

"Great idea! Let’s have the one I bought this morning."

"Okay! I’ll go slice it up, so wait for me, Ryusuke."

With a gentle smile, Mashiro pulled away from me and headed toward the kitchen.

I was truly grateful that she wasn’t stubborn and listened so easily. If she had thrown a tantrum here, there’s no way I’d have been able to hold back.

Letting out a deep sigh, I leaned back into the sofa, fanning my flushed face to cool down.

Maybe it was because I was still tired from yesterday’s trip to the beach, but my usual self-control seemed a bit dulled. Even though it was summer break, I couldn't afford to let things get too out of hand. I definitely didn’t want to do anything inappropriate that might damage Mashiro’s trust in me as her childhood friend.

(But man, seeing her look that cute is hard to ignore...)

Watching Mashiro happily hum to herself while slicing up the watermelon, I found myself once again reflecting on how tough it is to be childhood friends with someone like her.

1 Comments

  1. Ok its too much. So good at the short moments so dull and dense overall.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post


Support Us