Even Though She's a Genius and Beautiful Childhood Friend, She Becomes Careless Only Around Me - Chapter 13 English


 Chapter 13 – Kouhei and the Discipline Committee Chair, Hino Maruko


In the committee system of Hanamatsuri Academy, there is a hierarchy.

The student organization of our academy varies in size depending on the responsibilities it bears.

However, the student council is an exception, with a select few elite members chosen every year.

As they say, too many helmsmen will steer the ship up a mountain, and I too believe it's right to narrow down the top leadership.

And, make no mistake, I am also among the elite few.

Impressive, isn't it?

Now, beneath the student council, that is, within the school life considered important, the committee with the most personnel is the Discipline Committee.

Our Discipline Committee, compared to similarly named organizations in other schools, has a lot more work.

They correct the discipline of the student society, guide lifestyle attitudes, and even clothing and hairstyles. They support everything from the back end of official ceremonies like the opening ceremony, entrance ceremony, and graduation ceremony, to cultural festivals and sports competitions.

Because they have aspects similar to a city hall's community division, which is mobilized for traffic control and safety checks whenever there's an event, it's not hard to imagine why they would need many people for their wide range of tasks.

One would think that such an organization would be led by a very strong person.

But be careful with such thoughts, as they might be considered old-fashioned.

However, I must warn you that a person with a strong personality that cannot be hidden will appear.

"Excuse me!"

With a knock, a girl entered.

The slender girl moved efficiently towards the president's seat.

By the way, her chest was also slender, which undoubtedly contributed to her unhesitant stride due to less air resistance.

She was such a classmate.

"…! Kirishima Kouhei! You were looking at me with lecherous eyes just now, weren't you!?"

That was a ridiculous accusation.

However, if my gaze made her uncomfortable, then I should apologize first.

I am the gentleman of gentlemen.

I must firmly state that I do not judge women based on the size of their chests.

Whether big or small, it's all part of individuality.

"I wasn't looking at you like that, but if I offended you, I apologize, Hino Maruko-san."

Indeed, she is the one who maintains the discipline of Hanamatsuri Academy, the woman who would mercilessly spray weed killer from end to end at the slightest hint of a bad sprout, Hino Maruko-san.

It's already a legend that the class she was in charge of during the first discipline committee-led inspection of the new school year had everything confiscated, leaving nothing behind.

Such is her reputation, with a notoriety comparable to Marimo and an overwhelming pressure that makes her one of the well-known figures of the academy.

"…! Kirishima Kouhei! Don't you dare call me by my full name!!"

We're not particularly close, but calling her almost certainly results in anger.

After all, if someone calls you by your full name, you'd think you should return the favor, right?

"I'm sorry, Maruko-san."

"Don't call me by my name so casually!!"

Calling her by her full name and then by her name only made her angrier.

Am I now at the bottom of a pot where society's irrationalities are being boiled down?

"When you call me, it's Hino! Have I not told you to call me by my last name? How many times is this!?"

—This is the first time. Hino-san.

I heard later that Hino-san has a strong complex about the sound of her name "Hino Maruko," and calling her by that name is taboo.

Similarly, the name "Maruko" is also taboo, as it reminds people of a female child living in Shimizu.

Voldemort, perhaps?

"Ah! Maru-chan, welcome! So glad you could come. We welcome you!"

"Hmph, I came all the way here, so you better be grateful. You know, you could welcome me more... not by hugging, but maybe by trying a hug."

"Nahaha, sorry. I can't let go right now. You could have just emailed, you know."

"What are you talking about! We're not strangers, Marimo and I. Don't be so formal."

"Right. I like that about you, Maru-chan."

Hino-san seems to be in a good mood.

And then, the newly learned way to call her that doesn't make her angry.

What's this? If there was such a trick, you should have taught me from the beginning.

This is a perfect opportunity for redemption.

God, let me tell you.

The goddess of chance only has bangs.

There are various theories about this, but it seems that Da Vinci said so.

The goddess of fortune, Fortuna, apparently has silky hair, so the goddess of chance mentioned here is that, yes, fiction.

Anyway, watch closely.

I'm about to seize the goddess of chance.

"Maru-chan, should I prepare a chair for you?"

"Don't call me by that weird name so familiarly! Do you want to be kicked all the way to the school gate!?"

——Hey, isn’t this a bit too unreasonable?

Now, just as Marimo was saying the name of a certain female student from Shimizu in a way that made it seem like she was being called by her best friend, I immediately imitated it, and she got pretty angry.

...Don’t keep staring at me forever, hey, God.

“So, about this orienteering event, can we count on full cooperation from the Discipline Committee? It seems to be getting larger than expected, and I’d like to finalize the details early.”

“Well, that’s a given. It’s a request from Marimo, after all.”

“Great! Then, the command will be handled by that girl over there, Karin-chan. Could you have a meeting with her? If anything comes up, feel free to call me.”

Once again, with efficient movements, Hino-san moved over to Karin.

“T-thank you very much, Hino-san....”

“Nice to meet you, Saeki Karin. I’ve heard about you from Marimo. You seem quite capable. Don’t be too nervous; it’ll be fine.”

While speaking on behalf of Karin, she’s really strict with me. 

Anyone would think that anyone other than Marimo is considered an enemy, given how harshly she treated me. 

Even now, when I look at the two of them from a distance, they remind me of a frightened fawn in the savanna, with a female lion about to pounce on its rear.

“Oh, yes. Um, what should I call you?”

“You can call me whatever you like. But using either the full name or just the first name is not allowed.”

“Then, um, how about ‘Maru-san’?”

Uh-oh! Karin’s about to explode! I need to shield my junior!

“That’s fine. If it’s easier for you to call me that, go ahead.”

Is that okay? Was I scolded earlier because I didn’t use an honorific? 

Even though we’re classmates, it’s probably not appropriate to use casual language. 

I need to reflect on that.

And there she is again, the Goddess of Opportunity right in front of me. 

Foolish woman, I won’t let you escape this time.

“Maru-san, would you like some manju?”

“Who are you calling, Kirishima Kohei? Do you want to get kicked all the way to the school gate!?”

——What should I do...?

Since Karin keeps glaring at me, I’ve given up and decided to watch Marimo instead. 

She’s blushing and trembling. 

There’s no doubt she’s hosting a “Solo Breath-Holding Championship.” 

After timing Marimo with my smartphone’s timer, I glance at Karin, who waves her hand at me. 

Her smile is dazzling. 

But when I turn around, I lock eyes with Hino-san, and I give up on life.

Huh? The Goddess of Chance?

Who cares about that woman.

Here, take the manju and leave.

By the way, where did Onigawara-kun go? 

I search and find him under the desk, wearing a disaster prevention hood. 

Well, that was the optimal solution.

Proof complete. My knowledge level has increased by one. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Support Us