A Noble Young Lady Who Is Supposed to Be Studying Abroad, But For Some Reason She Is Only Training to Be a Bride - Chapter 20 English


 Chapter 20


During the long holiday in May, I was visiting Tokyo for sightseeing with Lily.

It was a day trip, not an overnight stay.

Over several days, I've been showing her around Tokyo's tourist spots, museums, and gourmet places.

"Asakusa was fun. Everything was very delicious," 

Lily said while rubbing her stomach, a satisfied and happy expression on her face.

Today, I took her to Sensoji Temple.

 As expected, she greatly enjoyed the food tour.

Every time she found new food, her eyes sparkled... 

At this rate, it might be more enjoyable for her to visit gourmet spots rather than ordinary tourist sites.

"The British Noble Young Lady's Gourmet Journey"

Such a title came to mind.

"Shall we go to the Tsukiji Outer Market tomorrow?"

"Tsukiji Outer Market?"

"It's a market in a place called Tsukiji, a famous 'food tour spot.'"

She would like it there too. 

I can picture her holding food in both hands.

"Food tour!"

As expected, Lily's eyes sparkled. 

But then she cleared her throat deliberately.

"I'll have you know, I'm not just attracted to the food. Of course, the food is delicious... but I'm also drawn to the cityscape and the exotic atmosphere. Don't get me wrong."

With a flushed face, Lily rattled off in rapid English. 

Not that I said she was only attracted to the food...

"I understand. The Tsukiji Outer Market is also an exotic place."

Of course, as a Japanese, I don't feel the exotic atmosphere... 

But I do feel a bit of a retro vibe. 

It must seem fresh to Lily, who is British.

"Hmm, I see... By the way, what kind of food is there?"

"Anything, really. But mainly seafood, I guess?"

"Seafood!? ...I'm looking forward to it."

Lily said, relaxing her mouth. 

It seems like tomorrow will be another gourmet journey.

I should research in advance what kind of food is available.

As I was thinking this...

"Do you have a moment?"

I was approached from behind. 

Turning around, there was a camera and microphone.

It was an interview from a TV station.

+×+×+×+

On the way back from sightseeing in Tokyo.

I—Amelia Lily Stafford—was pondering over the place called "Tsukiji Outer Market" when...

"Do you have a moment?"

I was addressed in Japanese. 

The camera and microphone were pointed at me.

...An interview from a TV station? For me? Why?

"What is it?"

Sota smoothly stepped in front of me, seemingly to protect me.

...I felt a little happy.

"We're making a program like this..."

He handed me a business card and started explaining. 

It seems to be a program interviewing foreigners who come to Japan about 'what they came for.'

"Ah, um..."

A look of understanding appeared on Sota's face. 

I don't know it, but Sota seems to. 

Is it a famous program?

"Are you Japanese, sir? A student, despite your youth?"

"Yes, well... I'm a second-year high school student."

"And the young lady? What is your relationship?"

My heart skipped a beat.

What would Sota say about me?

I was a little scared to hear the answer. 

Of course, it's in front of the camera, so it might not be his true feelings...

"She's a female friend. She's here in Japan for a study program."

Female friend...

Girl... friend!?

I felt my face heat up.

Sota, in front of the camera, was so bold...

But it seems Sota does think of me as his girlfriend.

Thinking about it, it was only natural. 

After all, we are so close and lovey-dovey.

Ehehe.

When shall we have our wedding? 

Where shall we go for our honeymoon? 

How many children shall we have? 

Maybe enough to make a rugby team...

"So, what do you think? Will you do the interview?"

"...Lily, what do you think? Will you accept the TV station's interview?"

Asked by Sota, I came back to myself.

Honestly, I don't like the mass media very much. 

They sniff around the private lives of nobles (us) and are annoying.

But today, I'm in a good mood.

Why not answer them?

"Sure."

I answered in Japanese.

"Thank you! Then, right away... What did you come to Japan for?"

I answered.

"For a bride training."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Support Us