Even Though She's a Genius and Beautiful Childhood Friend, She Becomes Careless Only Around Me - Chapter 12 English


 Chapter 12 - Karin and Orienteering


The student council's recreation plan, which had been floundering for quite some time, was finally about to be decided.

"Um, the plan is an orienteering event using the entire school. By setting up checkpoints and having participants visit them, new students can familiarize themselves with the various facilities. The upperclassmen will set up water stations and snack points in each class..."

Karin's presentation was impressive.

Onigawara-kun and I could only sigh in admiration.

"Yeah! Karin-chan, I think it's a really good idea! There are sanitary issues with food and drinks, and since we don't have a preparation period like the cultural festival, we'll prepare commercially available items within the budget. And then..."

Marimo, displaying her genius, meticulously refined Karin's plan.

Onigawara-kun and I could only marvel in awe.

"Well then, maybe we should let Karin-chan take the lead on this project."

"Eh!? Me!? That's impossible!"

"Don't worry. I've decided that if it were Karin-chan, she could do it, so don't be afraid of failure and give it your all! Takezou-kun, please calculate the food and drink expenses mentioned earlier. We'll allocate the budget, so try to manage the expenditures well."

I finally understood Marimo's intention.

Apparently, the plan was to entrust the first-year duo with the project, giving them confidence and a track record.

It's easy to forget since I usually only see her silly side, but she really is a charismatic student council president.

"Can someone like me handle it?"

"Of course! Takezou-kun and Karin-chan, you were both recruited as officers because you're capable! If you're in trouble, you can rely on me and Kou-chan, so do what you can! And of course, it's okay even if you fail."

Amazing, a genius with charisma.

She's definitely a cheat character.

"...Yes! I will take responsibility and make this project a success!!"

"I'll contribute my modest efforts... uh, I mean, I'll give it my all!"

"Yay! That's a very good response. Let's do our best."

While I stood there with a dumbfounded expression, Marimo had already infused the first-year duo with fighting spirit and smoothly assigned roles.

It's as if she had forgotten about me, but Marimo and I have a long history, so she probably understands without saying.

"Ah, I forgot about Kou-chan!"

Hey, you forgot about me!!

"You know... I'm a utility player who can do pretty much anything decently."

"That's also called being a jack-of-all-trades!"

"Why do you casually translate it into the harsher term!?"

"Ni-haha, sorry, sorry. Then, Kou-chan, you'll support Karin-chan! Help out your cute junior."

Damn, assigning me a makeshift role like that.

But, well, it's not wrong to say that the most meaningful thing I can do is to be there for her.

Still, it's irritating.

"Alright! Karin! Use me as much as you need! Don't hold back!!"

"Th-that's... um, okay! Then, I'll be counting on your help!"

"Leave it to me."

"Let's work hard to make it enjoyable for all the students! I'll take on all the work that the three of us can't handle. So, let's do our best. Ei ei, oh!!"

“”"Ooh!!!"””

Despite the twists and turns, the student council's first major mission after its establishment was finally starting.

"Sorry, senpai, for suddenly dragging you around the school."

"Don't worry about it. It's good to have enthusiasm."

"Ahaha, thank you. I got so excited when Marimo-senpai entrusted me with this and Kirishima-senpai offered to help..."

"Wanting to work on your own is also a talent. I'm impressed."

However, I shouldn't let her get too carried away and run out of breath.

My role as a senior is to apply the brakes appropriately.

"We've just arrived at the courtyard, so let's take a break. Let's have something to drink. I'll treat you!"

"Eh? That's not necessary..."

"It's fine. It's also the job of a good junior to let the senior play the senior role."

"Fufu. There's another strange piece of advice from you, senpai... Then, I'll take you up on that offer!"

I had a cola.

Karin took a coffee break.

"Hey, vice president! What are you slacking off for?"

With a refreshing voice, Mogi appeared in his gym clothes.

"Don't say such bad things. We're on a break right now. You too, right?"

"Yeah, it's a break during club activities."

"What club was Mogi in again?"

"Don't forget. It's the Kabaddi club."

"Eh!? We have such a club? No way, I definitely wouldn't forget that!"

"We started it this year. Oh right, I submitted the application to the president. We only have four members so far, so it's technically still a club of enthusiasts."

"Haha, I hate to say it, but there are more members than I thought. Anyone else I know?"

"Yeah, there are. I think they'll be here soon..."

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps like those of an unsettled ostrich approached, and sure enough, an unsettled guy showed up.

"Phew! Having tea with a beautiful girl while the sun is still high? Don't go setting it too soon, okay? Phew!"

"It's you..."

It was Takahashi. Nobody really cares.

But I should at least introduce him to Karin, who's been left out.

"Um, Karin. This refreshing and harmless-looking fake handsome guy is Mogi. The noisy one here is Takahashi."

"Phew! Kouhei-chan, you're drinking cola like a sweet kid, but your mouth is bitter! Phew! Nice to meet you, Strawberry Girl?"

——Maybe it's about time to write his name in the Death Note.

"I'm the student council secretary, Saeki Karin. Nice to meet you, Mogi-senpai, Takahashi-senpai. I'm always in Kirishima-senpai's care!"

"How polite. She’s a good girl, Kirishima."

"Phew! Not satisfied with the beautiful student council president, you're even getting friendly with such a cute baby. Kouhei-chan, I can't let you have any of Mama's homemade cherry pie! Phew!"

"Ah, shut up, shut up! Don't look at my cute junior with those weird eyes! We still have work to do. Let's go, Karin. We can't let stupidity be contagious."

I took Karin's hand and decided to leave the courtyard where the idiot was.

"Ah, eh!? Yes! Excuse us, senpai!"

What impeccable manners.

It's a waste to let the idiot Takahashi hear such politeness.

Perhaps because I felt too strongly about it, I held her hand a bit too tightly.

"Oops, sorry. Did that hurt?"

"Huh!? Oh, yes! Not at all, not at all, don't worry! It was very warm!!"

Look at that.

I asked if she was in pain, but Karin responded about the warmth of my hand.

From then on, Karin, who is usually so dignified, had an unusually dazed expression.

It seems that contact with such foolish upperclassmen was painful for her.

Haha, as reliable as she is, she's still a first-year student.

Then, I must protect her properly.

That's what I thought.

By the way, Hanamatsuri Academy's Kabaddi club would go on to reach the finals of the national tournament that year, but that's another story.

And I assert that I have no intention whatsoever of talking about that.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Support Us