Vtuber Childhood Friend and Voice Actress Childhood Friend Are Too Tense - Chapter 19 English


 Chapter 19 – Hyuuga Haruka: I don't think it was snatched from the side (1)


The day after I could give the best report to Wataru.

I left home earlier than usual.

I couldn't face Wataru.

Despite him celebrating for me and even being considerate of my relationship with Aoi, I acted that way.

Usually, I could have done it more perfectly, but in front of Wataru, I just can't help but let my guard down.

Even though I know I'm being spoiled, I can't help but show my weaker side.

"I'll watch it with Wataru," I said, realizing after I returned to my room that I was relying on Wataru to somehow manage it.

How cowardly of me.

Wataru says I'm fully earning my own way, but I'm not that grown-up.

I'm just getting better at pretending to be an adult.

If you call it being spoiled, then surely, I feel the same way towards Aoi, who I can stay awkward with.

I left home early, maybe because I didn't want to face Aoi even more than Wataru.

Probably because we wouldn't know what to say to each other.

We're in an awkward state, but there's no need to make it even more awkward.

No, maybe I'm afraid of touching it clumsily and breaking it completely.

I find myself looking at the messaging app on my smartphone.

There's no way Aoi would send me a congratulatory message.

When I arrived at the classroom, a party cracker popped loudly.

It was Sato-kun who did it, even though there were only a few people in the classroom.

He streams videos as a hobby.

His channel was supposed to be about gaming, but he also talks about anime, manga, and entertainment, including celebrities.

Even now, a small tripod and smartphone on the desk are facing this way.

"Congratulations on becoming a regular on Galanus, Haruka-chan!"

"Thank you. Did you prepare the cracker just for that?"

My business smile made Sato-kun's cheeks relax.

"Yeah! Our classmate, the voice actress, got a regular role after a long time!"

The word "after a long time" painfully stings my heart.

He probably doesn't mean any harm.

"But won't the teacher get angry?"

"Oh? Oh... uh..."

Sato-kun hurriedly began picking up the scattered paper tape.

Maybe he didn't think it through.

As I help pick up the paper tape, he blushes happily.

If only Wataru and Aoi were this easy to read.

...No, the most troublesome one is me.

"Don't upload that video on the net, okay?"

I've been filmed for work many times, but I don't like this kind of thing happening in private.

Still, I say it gently with a smile, without showing any sign of dislike.

"Is it really not okay?"

Sato-kun looks very disappointed.

Did he celebrate for me just to increase his views?

The title would probably be something like, "The voice actress in our class got an anime regular role."

It's a senseless title, even by my standards.

His feelings of celebration must be genuine, but it seems like there's an ulterior motive.

"I'd like to appear on a classmate's channel. Your last game commentary was kind of interesting."

"Really!? You watched it!?"

For times like this, I keep track of my classmates' hobbies and characteristics.

I'm in a position that's easily envied by other girls.

A slight misstep, and I could quickly become a target of bullying.

"It would be a waste if the channel you've grown gets banned by our agency, right? And if you use a girl close to you as material, Sato-kun's fans might be sad, you know?"

I pretend to be concerned, looking up with empathy.

The content could be seen as a threat, but the atmosphere changes how it's received.

"Oh, right. Thanks for worrying about me."

He's completely smitten.

It pains my heart that he's so easily swayed, but since he tried to use me, there are no hard feelings.

After that, I received many congratulations from classmates who kept arriving at school.

Only a few were interested in the latest news about Galanus, but Sato-kun made a big announcement.

This commotion has become a bit of a problem.

If Aoi comes here...

I glance at the entrance and see Aoi just entering the classroom.

Our eyes meet perfectly.

Aoi was the first to look away.

Was that look on her face not jealousy, but awkwardness?

Why does Aoi make that face...?

I found out the reason during lunch break.

Galanus had announced that there would be another announcement at noon today, following last night's.

I wasn't informed about the content.

It's common for side characters, not so much if you're playing a main character.

"Awesome, Galanus has a popular VTuber as a guest character!"

As soon as lunch break started, Sato-kun said loudly.

"You're co-starring with Violet, aren't you!? Vtuber has also started appearing in TV anime occasionally. Haruka-chan, did you see Violet's real face during the recording?"

Sato-kun glances at me while talking to Wataru.

What did he just say...?

Violet... Aoi... is appearing on Galanus?

Aoi is looking down at her smartphone at her seat, but neither her fingers nor her gaze are moving.

Her mind is elsewhere.

At least she doesn't seem happy.

If Aoi were genuinely happy, I would definitely know.

So why?

She can't be surprised.

It's unlikely she didn't know about today's announcement.

So... she knew about this, and that's why she acted that way this morning.

What fills my heart is an overwhelming frustration that overshadows the joy of co-starring with my childhood friend.

I've been working hard as a voice actress since my debut in middle school.

And finally, I got the dream role.

Yet, an amateur who can't act has come onto the same stage.

I understand in my head.

It's common for people with numbers to be employed as voice actors for commercial success.

And Aoi (Violet) is popular.

Her popularity is due to her talent and effort, which are not easily replicated.

In terms of online attraction, she's far above me, even though I'm known as an idol voice actress.

If it weren't for Aoi, I wouldn't be feeling such a mess of emotions.

In the corner of my vision, I see Aoi with a worried look, glancing over here.

I don't know what I would say if we faced each other now.

I forgot to bring my lunch and fled the classroom like I was running away.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Support Us