Vtuber Childhood Friend and Voice Actress Childhood Friend Are Too Tense - Chapter 18 English


 Chapter 18 — Nakamura Wataru: I Want You to Be Truly Happy (1)


■■■ Episode 3: The Turbulent Childhood Friends ■■■


The cult-favorite absurd gag anime, "Galaxy Nurse," is getting a sequel after ten years, a piece of news last month that excited a certain subset of otaku.

It's an anime full of memories that I used to look forward to every week with Haruka and Aoi when we were in elementary school.

I can still remember how it was back then.

"It was amazing. I was so moved!"

As usual, Aoi shed tears of emotion.

I don't think there was anything to cry about, though.

"Aoi, you're crying again. Today, Ranran's love was unrequited again. I want to experience adult love soon too."

On the other hand, Haruka made a slightly mature comment.

"Is adult love like that? Warming up a rich, handsome man who turned into a space hot spring egg, I don't think I can do that even as an adult..."

Caught between the two of them, I, as usual, said something utterly boring and proper.

"It's okay. You can become one, Wataru! Our space hot spring egg!"

"I don't get it, Aoi-chan!"

"Right. We have to choose which space hot spring egg to become."

"Haruka-chan, you're on that side today too!?"

Of course, I loved the work called Galanus, but talking about it with the three of us was the most fun.

Since I started focusing on my studies, anime and games had become just a hobby, but this was something I was looking forward to.

My goal was to reconcile the two before the sequel aired and watch this anime together as three— or so I thought.

I was so shocked by the cast announcement tonight that I dropped my smartphone.

Under the names of the main characters, there was the name "Hyuuga Haruka."

Just then, the doorbell rang.

As usual, Haruka came over for dinner and study.

"Congratulations on your Galanus role!"

"Thank you. I'd be happy if you let me in the house before the high five..."

Haruka, her mouth fumbling with happiness and embarrassment, gently lowered my hand that I had raised without thinking.

Her hand felt somewhat warm.

Tonight's dinner was all about the Galanus cast announcement.

"I've wanted to tell you for so long, Wataru. Of course, I couldn't tell anyone until the announcement. It was hard to keep it in."

When was the last time I saw such a happy face?

It makes me feel happy too.

"I auditioned for the role of a main character that's being added this time."

"That's amazing just to pass."

"Right! The director said I fit perfectly as the heroine's friend and a responsible character."

"It's good that you've been working hard."

"Yeah."

Haruka's eyes moistened.

"It's been a while since I've been a regular on a TV anime, and it's Galanus..."

Seeing Haruka trying to hold back tears that were about to overflow, I felt like crying myself.

She must have worked hard in ways I can't even imagine.

I hate the pettiness of feeling left behind even at such a time.

"I want to watch the broadcast together, like old times."

"That might be difficult..."

She said it was difficult, not that she didn't want to.

Could this be a sign of interest?

"Why?"

I push a little.

"Because I think it would be hard for Aoi."

Ah, I see... I'm still just a foolish child.

It's good news for Haruka and me, but for Aoi, it's complicated, or rather, a source of jealousy.

Laughing together in such a state is impossible.

Haruka is considerate of that.

But then, nothing will ever change.

"I think Aoi would be happy for you."

"Yeah..."

Her affirmation was laden with hesitation and anxiety.

Perhaps because of her happiness, Haruka was a bit more talkative than usual today.

So I push just a little more.

"Wouldn't it be fun to spend time together as three, like we used to?"

"I think so. I do."

Haruka looked genuinely troubled.

That's enough for today.

Even if I pushed her to speak more now, Haruka would later regret saying such things.

"There's still time before the broadcast, so think about it. If it's okay with you, I'll talk to Aoi."

"Yeah..."

Good, I've got her word—

"I'll watch it. With Wataru."

She didn't finish.

But I shouldn't make her smile so sadly.

"Anyway, congratulations. I'm looking forward to the broadcast."

"Yeah, leave it to me!"

I know that this smile, which captivates fans and classmates, is her way of getting by.

I wonder if it's nosy to want to help her be able to not smile when she doesn't want to.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Support Us