I Reincarnated as the Villain in a Rom-Com, but I'm Enjoying Youth with My Favorite Heroine - Chapter 61 English


 Chapter 61 – A Showdown at the Beach (4)


With another point gained, the serve still belonged to our team.

Mashiro gently served the ball with a soft, graceful motion. The ball soared through the air on a gentle arc, just like before, causing chaos for Fusegawa Raito’s team, who had lost their protagonist aura.

Himeno Karen successfully received the ball, but Hanasaki Yuna, who tried to follow it up, stumbled and lost her balance. The ball didn’t rise as expected and flew out of bounds.

The score was now 11-13. As the gap gradually closed, the expression on Fusegawa Raito's face grew more tense.

“Yuna, what’s wrong? Get it together!”

“H-Hey...”

Hanasaki Yuna flinched as her shoulders trembled.

Even when Fusegawa Raito made mistakes, Hanasaki Yuna always offered him gentle words of encouragement, trying to cover for him. But now, obsessed with winning, he was yelling at her, causing her to shrink back.

This scene was also starting to have an effect on the crowd.

The people who had been cheering for the protagonist were now starting to frown.

This clearly showed that, at least in this moment, the protagonist had transformed into a villain.

Meanwhile, I felt a strange sensation in my body.

In the next play, the opposing team managed to return Mashiro’s serve, and Fusegawa Raito prepared to spike the ball.

As I watched his movements, I could perfectly predict where his spike would land.

Without even thinking, my body moved on its own. I rushed to the exact spot where the spike would fall.

With the sound of the ball bouncing, I felt the solid impact in my hand. I had completely absorbed the ball’s momentum and made the perfect save, allowing my teammates to connect.

Mai passed the ball to Mashiro, who once again spiked it just like before.

This time, the ball struck the opponent's court without missing its mark.

12-13.

We celebrated the point, and the crowd erupted in cheers.

Meanwhile, Fusegawa Raito stood there in shock, his face frozen.

“H-How... how could that happen…?”

He muttered in disbelief. I knew why he looked that way.

The move I had just made, blocking his spike, was something only a protagonist who had awakened to their power could do.

(I can’t believe… the protagonist aura works for me.)

Up until now, Fusegawa Raito had always acted as the protagonist, moving as if he could foresee the future. He acted without thinking, instinctively drawing in the results he desired.

But now, it wasn’t him who wielded the protagonist’s power—it was me, the villain. That fact must have been impossible for him to accept.

The protagonist has the power to defy unreasonable fates.

They create miracles that overcome any adversity.

Knowing this, the certainty of his victory had vanished, leaving him overwhelmed with anxiety and frustration.

“G-Give me the ball! Yuna! Karen! I’ll lead us to victory! Let’s work together!”

“...Raito-kun...”

“...Raito…”

Now that he realized his position as the protagonist was shaking, Fusegawa Raito finally started acting like one.

But it was already too late. Both Hanasaki Yuna and Himeno Karen looked pale. After being yelled at countless times during the match, they could no longer trust the person who was supposed to be their protagonist.

Meanwhile, Mashiro, standing beside me, was smiling gleefully.

With a radiant smile and her sparkling blue eyes, she was genuinely enjoying this beach volleyball game with me.

That radiance was exactly what a heroine would possess.

Mashiro, as the heroine, had blossomed into her role to support me, who had now become the protagonist.

To prove that, she hadn’t missed a single serve.

Each ball, soft yet precise, powerful yet elegant, flew from her perfect form into the opponent’s court every time.

Seeing her play, the crowd cheered.

Everyone on the beach was captivated by this smiling, world-class beauty. They were completely on our side now.

Fusegawa Raito’s team, having lost their protagonist aura, could barely return the serves as the crowd's cheers pushed Mashiro on. The ball once again flew out of bounds, earning our team another point.

13-13. We had finally tied the score.

“We did it, Ryusuke! I scored another point with my serve!”

“Yeah, that was a great serve. You’re really amazing, Mashiro.”

“After the game, will you give me lots of head pats? And praise me a lot?”

“Of course. If we win, I’ll grant you any wish you want.”

“Really? Any wish at all?”

“Yeah, anything. This time, it’s special.”

“Yay! If we win, I’m going to be super clingy with you!”

“Alright. I’ll be looking forward to it.”

Mashiro bounced with joy, hugging the ball to her chest, her enthusiasm shining through.

The crowd was roaring in excitement at this scene. They were cheering for our victory, praying for our happiness, for me and Mashiro.

That’s why I couldn’t lose. I had to win for Mashiro, pat her head, and make her happy. I had to create the best memory for her.

With that renewed determination, my body felt lighter. Energy surged through me, and my focus sharpened.

My body felt hot. My heartbeat quickened. My vision became clearer, and I could perfectly track the ball’s trajectory.

I realized that I had fully awakened as the protagonist.

Hanasaki Yuna set Mashiro’s serve, and Himeno Karen spiked it, but I effortlessly blocked the attack.

Mai passed the ball, and Mashiro returned a spike straight toward Fusegawa Raito.

He dashed to the ball before it hit the ground. But without his protagonist aura, he couldn’t reach it in time.

14-13. We had finally taken the lead, and it was match point.

Fusegawa Raito grew increasingly desperate, but the two heroines no longer offered him any comforting words. They just stared at him, trembling. Hanasaki Yuna and Himeno Karen both looked at him with fearful, anxious eyes.

“Mashiro, Mai, let’s finish this.”

“Yeah! Just one more point!”

“Onii-chan, Mashiro-san, let’s do this!”

Praying that this would be the last serve, Mashiro tossed the ball high.

It flew toward the opposing court. Himeno Karen lunged for it.

Watching this scene, I knew exactly what the heroines were thinking.

Even after all the cruel things he had said, Himeno Karen was determined to support Fusegawa Raito until the very end.

No matter what he had said to her, she believed she could do anything for him. That’s why she wouldn’t give up. No matter what, she’d chase after the ball with all her might for the one she loved.

“Yuna, Raito! I’m leaving the rest to you!”

With that shout, she perfectly set Mashiro’s serve, passing it to Hanasaki Yuna.

“Yuna! I’ll finish it! Trust me, just pass it!”

“R-Raito-kun…! Okay!!”

Fixing her eyes on the ball, Hanasaki Yuna sent it to Fusegawa Raito. It was the best pass she had made all day, full of trust in him.

To respond to that trust, Fusegawa Raito sprinted forward and jumped with all his might. The light of hope the heroines had passed to him—he reached out to grasp it with his own hands.

“Uwooooohhh!”

With a battle cry, he unleashed a spike. It was sharper, stronger, and faster than any of his previous attacks. The combined strength of the heroines had finally allowed Fusegawa Raito to awaken as the protagonist.

But even so, I couldn’t let the miracle that Mashiro and I had created together end here.

So, I ran.

I pushed off the sand with more strength than ever, leaping high into the air, raising my hands to block the spike.

“Ryusuke!”

“Onii-chan!”

I could hear Mashiro and Mai’s voices.

Their cheers, their belief in me, overlapped.

What I wanted wasn’t victory.

What I desired was Mashiro’s smile.

That’s why, to make her smile, I reached out.

And then—my hands touched the ball, granting my wish. With all my strength, I deflected Fusegawa Raito’s spike.

The ball bounced inside their court and then rolled slowly across the sand.

15-13.

The sound of the whistle signaling the end of the match echoed, followed by applause and cheers celebrating our victory.

Mai raised her arms in triumph, and Mashiro ran toward me, jumping into my arms. I caught her gently and held her close.

As I stroked Mashiro’s hair, her eyes narrowed with happiness.

“Ryusuke, we did it. You worked so hard.”

“Thanks, Mashiro. It’s all thanks to you.”

We smiled at each other and hugged just a little tighter.

This was the moment I had wished for, the reason I had tried so hard.

I wanted to make the best memories with Mashiro. I wanted her to keep smiling. That’s why I could give it my all.

As I gazed at her adorable smile, I knew I had created an unforgettable summer memory from the bottom of my heart.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Support Us