I Reincarnated as the Villain in a Rom-Com, but I'm Enjoying Youth with My Favorite Heroine - Chapter 62 English


Chapter 62 - The Journey Home from the Beach


After the intense beach volleyball tournament.

Fusegawa Raito had vanished, taking the two heroines with him. No one knew where they went afterward.

Considering how he treated Hanasaki Yuna and Himeno Karen, the heroines, all just to win, there’s a good chance he may have created a rift with them, even as the protagonist.

Whether they'll reconcile through a series of events or drift apart… that much, even I don’t know right now.

The only thing I do know is that Fusegawa Raito was acting strange. Negative emotions that the original Fusegawa Raito never showed seemed to seep out of him.

I can’t shake the unease I feel about his behavior. It’s something I’ll need to look into.

Meanwhile, we received meal tickets as our prize for winning and indulged ourselves at the beach restaurant. My little sister, Mai, stuffed herself with a large plate of fried noodles, shaved ice piled high with toppings, and roasted corn until she was full.

Mashiro and I watched her happily devour her meal, and together, we filled our empty stomachs with the restaurant’s specialty: curry rice.

Afterward, we played at the beach until the sun began to set. Finally, when evening came, we packed up to head home.

Now, we’re on the bus, swaying as it takes us back.

There are no other passengers on the bus—it's like we have the whole thing to ourselves. The three of us sit in the very back row, and I’m nestled between Mashiro and Mai, enjoying the peaceful moment.

Mai, exhausted from playing, fell asleep as soon as she boarded and leaned against my shoulder. Mashiro watches her with a joyful smile.

“Mai-chan’s asleep, huh? She’s so cute... hehe, she looks so happy. I bet she’s having a nice dream,”

“Yeah, she’s usually full of energy, but she was extra excited today,”

“Yup! We all had so much fun at the beach. I think she just wore herself out.”

“I’m pretty worn out too. I might wake up with sore muscles tomorrow…”

“Me too. We swam a lot and played beach volleyball… my whole body is screaming in pain.”

“So you’re feeling it too, huh? But it was fun, right?”

“It was so much fun! Just like you promised, you made sure I had the best time. So, thank you. I’ll treasure this memory as one of the highlights of my summer.”

Mashiro squeezes my hand as she says this. Her small hand is warm and soft, and just holding it fills me with happiness.

I squeeze her hand in return, and she smiles, her face lighting up. Bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun, Mashiro’s side profile looks so beautiful that I can’t help but stare, entranced.

As I continue gazing at her, our eyes meet. Her clear blue eyes twinkle with mischief as she tilts her head and asks playfully.

“Hehe, Ryusuke, you’ve been staring at me for a while now. Aren’t you embarrassed?”

“Not really. I just want to keep looking at your smile more than anything right now.”

“…When you say things like that, it’s me who ends up getting embarrassed… But, yeah, I’m feeling the same. My happiness is overwhelming everything else.”

Blushing, Mashiro intertwines her fingers with mine, locking our hands together like lovers. Her expression softens into a contented smile.

“I love holding hands like this. It makes me feel safe, and more than anything, it makes me realize that you’re right here with me.”

“Yeah, I feel the same. Your hand is so warm, and it feels like it gently wraps me up.”

“Ryusuke’s hand is the same. It’s warm and makes me feel so at ease. Holding hands like this makes me happy.”

Mashiro closes her eyes and takes a quiet breath, as if savoring the warmth.

Then, like a cat, she nuzzles her head against my shoulder, seeking comfort. When I gently stroke her hair, she giggles, tickled by the touch.

“I thought I’d have to hold back a little longer when it came to being clingy. But it’s a good thing there’s no one else on the bus. If someone were here, I wouldn’t be able to do this.”

“Yeah, the bus is all ours, and Mai’s fast asleep, so I can spoil you as much as you want.”

“Yup! So until we get to our stop, I’m going to let you spoil me, okay?”

“Of course. We did say that after a long day, I’d pamper you.”

“Yay! Then I won’t hold back!”

Mashiro happily leans her head against my shoulder, her body relaxed and content. She purrs softly, like a cat, as she enjoys the comfort.

As I pull her closer, I gently run my fingers through her long, silky black hair, feeling its smooth texture against my palm.

“It feels nice when you pet me, Ryusuke. Keep doing it more.”

“Sure thing. How about this?”

“Mm… I told you, no touching my ears.”

“But you look like you’re enjoying it.”

“I do… but it’s embarrassing.”

“Shall I stop? I was thinking of petting you a little longer.”

“You tease… You know I want you to keep going.”

“Well, what do you want me to do, Mashiro?”

Mashiro pouts slightly, her cheeks flushed. Her expression is so cute that I can’t help but feel a surge of affection. It’s impossible not to want to tease her a bit more.

“Fine… I give up. Please, pet me more.”

“Good girl.”

I lightly trace my fingers over her ear, and she trembles slightly, letting out a sweet sigh. Her body shivers in response, and her breathing becomes heavier as she relaxes under my touch.

Watching her like this, my heart races uncontrollably.

Noticing my quickened heartbeat, Mashiro looks up at me with half-lidded eyes, her voice soft and teasing.

“Ryusuke, your heart’s racing. Just like mine.”

“Mashiro, your face is kind of melting. You’re all soft and fuzzy.”

“Because when you touch me, Ryusuke, I feel so happy I could melt. And it feels so good, I could fall asleep…”

“You can sleep if you want. I’ll wake you when we arrive.”

“No, I can’t… It’d be a waste. You’re spoiling me, so I want to stay awake just a little longer.”

“Okay, but don’t push yourself.”

“Thanks. You’re so kind, Ryusuke.”

Mashiro narrows her eyes in contentment and nuzzles her head into my chest, making a cat-like gesture that causes me to smile.

(What an adorable girl.)

As I pat her head gently, Mashiro snuggles even closer, her face glowing with a soft, blissful smile as if she might melt away from happiness.

After a while, as we sit together in silence, Mashiro suddenly remembers something.

“Hey, Ryusuke, do you remember what you said to me during the beach volleyball game?”

“You mean the part where I said I’d grant any wish you had?”

“Yeah. Can I really ask for anything?”

“Of course. A promise is a promise.”

“I’m so happy! I’ve been thinking about it a lot since then…”

“Oh? So, what did you come up with?”

“Hehe… I have so many things I want you to do, I can’t decide.”

“Seriously? That many? Just don’t make any impossible requests, okay?”

“Don’t worry. My wish is something only you can do, Ryusuke. So, it’s all good.”

“Something only I can do? Now I’m really curious. At least tell me one of them.”

“It’s still a secret. But one day, I’ll definitely ask you to make it come true. So, until then, look forward to it, okay?”

“Alright, I’ll be looking forward to it. I promise.”

Satisfied with my response, Mashiro nods and snuggles up to me again, her voice filled with joy as she lets out a little laugh.

Just sitting here, close like this, makes me feel incredibly happy. And I’m sure Mashiro feels the same, judging by the radiant smile on her face.

The warm, peaceful time between us feels so comfortable that I want it to last forever. Eventually, Mashiro starts to nod off, her head gently bobbing.

She must be satisfied after being spoiled so much. Now, it seems like sleep is calling her. Supporting her body, I softly whisper to her.

“It’s okay to sleep, Mashiro. I’ll wake you when we get there.”

“Mmm… Sleepy…”

“Good girl. Sleep well.”

“...Ryusuke.”

Mashiro slowly closes her eyes and, in a voice as sweet as melted sugar, whispers.

“Let’s come here again… next year.”

Just as I was about to reply, her soft breathing indicates she’s already slipped into a peaceful slumber.

Watching her sleep so happily, I can’t help but smile. At the same time, a warm feeling fills my heart.

(Yeah, next year, let’s come back together.)

With that thought in mind, I gently stroke Mashiro’s hair while gazing out the window at the unfamiliar town, painted in the colors of the setting sun, looking almost magical.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Support Us