A Noble Young Lady Who Is Supposed to Be Studying Abroad, But For Some Reason She Is Only Training to Be a Bride - Chapter 24 English


 Chapter 24


In the Bath.

"Do British people take baths?"

I asked Amelia-chan as a conversation starter. 

In the West, it's not common to soak in the bath. 

I've even heard that some people don't take showers at all, so I can guess...

"Not really."

"I see... How about Japanese baths?"

"I don't dislike them. Occasionally, they're nice."

It seems she doesn't soak in the tub every day. 

Come to think of it, Sota isn't the type to soak daily either.

But she does take a shower every day. 

"I don't want to be disliked by Sota," it seems.

"Amelia-chan, you smell nice, what is it? Your shampoo seems normal..."

"It's perfume."

"Oh, perfume, huh? I've never used it... Can I see it?"

"Sure."

She gave a more agreeable response than I expected. 

If Sota isn't involved, she's probably a very honest and good girl.

"Hey, Amelia-chan. About the question I asked earlier, is it okay?"

"...The earlier one?"

"Down there, is it natural? Or do you shave?"

"Huh..."

Amelia-chan looked exasperated at my question. 

Still, tell me...

"It's medical hair removal."

She told me. 

Surprising.

"It's comfortable. Why don't you try it? They have it in Japan, right?"

"I've thought about it, but it seems painful. And I'd feel a bit embarrassed at the public bath."

"You feel embarrassment too, huh?"

"Isn't that a bit rude?"

"...By the way, why would you feel embarrassed at the public bath? Isn't it the opposite?"

Ignoring my question, Amelia-chan asked her own. 

I thought for a moment before answering.

"In Japan, being natural is the norm."

"...Is that so?"

Amelia-chan looked a bit surprised, her eyes widening. 

Then her expression became pensive.

"I wonder if Sota likes the natural look too..."

She muttered with a worried tone. 

If it's medical hair removal, it probably won't grow back again.

How should I encourage her...? I really don't know.

But then again, Sota probably isn't the type to care about such things... It's fine!

"Sota likes it smooth."

"Really? That's good... No, I didn't do it for Sota, I did it for myself. His preferences don't matter to me."

She seemed to cheer up. "How do you know so much about it?" I'm relieved she didn't ask.

I really don't know.

I'll have to get my story straight with Sota later.

Speaking of Sota's preferences...

"Hey, next time, should I tell you about Sota's taste preferences?"

Amelia-chan's eyes widened at my suggestion. 

Then she sniffled softly and turned her cheek away.

Huh? That's not the reaction I expected.

"It's fine. I'm learning cooking from mother. Sota must prefer his mother's cooking."

Mother's cooking is supposed to be number one. 

That's the logic, I guess. 

Well, I can understand that...

"I wonder? He's not particular about things. Sota must be tired of eating the same thing."

"..."

"Besides, if you only copy the taste, you can't surpass it."

"..."

Amelia-chan started to fidget at my remark. 

After showing signs of contemplation, she asked me.

"What's your purpose?"

"I want to get along with you, Amelia-chan."

Half-truth, half-politeness. 

I'm aware that Amelia-chan doesn't welcome me staying over at this house. 

But I want to stay, and I don't want to be on bad terms with her every time.

"...I don't have anything of value to give you."

Maybe she doesn't want to accept salt from an enemy?

"How about as a thank you for letting me see the perfume?"

I don't need anything in return. 

But saying that seemed to make Amelia-chan more agreeable.

"...Alright."

As expected, Amelia-chan agreed.

"Then, next time. When I come to stay over..."

"That's not allowed."

Huh? 

But then where...

"I will go to your house."

Ah, I see. That way, she can prevent me from getting close to Sota.

It's a bit different from my goal... 

But having Amelia-chan come to stay at my house is also an option. 

And maybe I'll invite Sota too.

He hardly ever comes this way.

Like that person.

Why are men so indifferent?

"What are you laughing at?"

"Ah, nothing? It's fine. So, come over when you have a chance, okay?"

I'm glad I could have a fun time with Amelia-chan.

But still...

How long is Sota going to keep it a secret...? 

There seems to be no point in keeping it a secret.

Since it was about him, I wondered if he had said it already?

That's just like him. 

Like his mother, he tends to forget or overlook important things.

...Well, it's funny, so it's fine!

"What are you grinning about? ...It's creepy."

"Just reminiscing and laughing."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Ad

Support Us