A Noble Young Lady Who Is Supposed to Be Studying Abroad, But For Some Reason She Is Only Training to Be a Bride - Chapter 34 English


 Chapter 34


After the borrowing race was over, we headed behind the gymnasium.

I were told that she wanted to talk in a deserted place.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Um, it's about something from over half a year ago..."

"Over half a year ago?"

That's quite a while back. ...Could it be about when I was studying abroad? 

No way.

"Ah, um... about the time we said goodbye."

"Ah..."

That topic... 

It's just going to make things awkward, and I personally didn't want to touch on it. 

Am I going to be blamed again?

"I'm sorry for not seeing you off."

Lily said that and bowed her head. 

...I was a bit surprised.

"I'm sorry for not replying. I'm sorry for not contact you."

"Uh, yeah. I'm not worried about it."

"I'm sorry for saying terrible things."

"I understand. Now, raise your head..."

"...I'm sorry for saying we should cut ties and that I hated you. That was a lie. I don't hate you."

After saying that, Lily raised her head and looked straight at me.

"I like you."

After saying that, she bowed her head deeply again.

"I'm sorry for coming unannounced without contacting you... I want to go back to how things were. Please."

Back to how things were, huh...

"Lily."

"Yes?"

I also bowed my head.

"I was not clear enough. I'm sorry. I thought I was getting my point across. I have a request too... Can we go back to how things were?"

I said that to Lily in English and then raised my face.

Lily...

"I can't help it. I'll forgive you. In return, please forgive me?"

She smiled while wiping the tears that had formed around her eyes.

And so, we became best friends again.

We both returned to our class's cheering section. There, Misato, mother, and father were waiting.

Just in time.

"Ah, there you are! What were you two doing? A secret rendezvous?"

"Something like that."

I casually brushed off Misato's teasing and turned back to my father.

"It's been a while, Father."

"Oh, it's been a while, Sota. So, this girl is... 'the cutest girl you think of'?"

Father said that with a grin, smiling just like Misato.

"That's right. ...Lily, let me introduce you. This old man is my father."

"Kasai Satoshi, Miss Stafford. My son and daughter have been in your care... May I call you Amelia?"

Father said that to Lily with a somewhat exaggerated attitude, kneeling on one knee.

Mother muttered under her breath, "Acting cool at his age."

"Yes, likewise. I am Amelia Lily Stafford... Father. Please call me Lily."

Lily gracefully curtsied.

...Is she allowing my father to call her Lily? On their first meeting?

It took me half a year!

"Father? That's nice! Having two daughters, that's the best!"

"...Two?"

Lily tilted her head in confusion and looked around.

"Is there another one?"

"I'm right here."

Misato grinned.

Lily tilted her head, puzzled.

...Is there something strange?

"Shall we go eat? We're running late."

"Yeah, that's right. Sota, Misato, can you suggest a good place?"

"...Misato too? Why?"

"Lily-chan is coming too, right? Didn't I tell you? The five of us are going to eat bento together. Have a family meal... Huh? Didn't I say that?"

"...Five people? Misato too? Family?"

Lily stopped in her tracks and muttered to herself.

"Kasai Misato. Kasai Satoshi... Kudo Sota. Huh? What does this mean?"

"...What do you mean?"

"Why do Misato and Sota's father have the same last name? Why is Sota's different?"

"Father and Mother got divorced. I changed mine to Mother's. It's a hassle to be questioned about it."

"And Misato...?"

"She went with Father, so it stayed the same."

"...Went with? ...Eh?"

Lily opened her mouth in shock.

"Siblings? Real ones?"

"Yeah, but?"

"...Why are you the same age?"

"We're twins. And I'm the older brother."

Dizygotic twins.

...Wait?

"Didn't I tell you?"

"You didn't!!"

Lily's shout echoed.

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post

Ad

Support Us