A Noble Young Lady Who Is Supposed to Be Studying Abroad, But For Some Reason She Is Only Training to Be a Bride - Chapter 25 English


 Chapter 25


Did the naked socializing have an effect? 

By the time they got out of the bath, Lily and Misato seemed to have become a little friendlier.

As they finished bathing, my mother joined in, enjoying the lively girl talk.

I'm glad they're getting along.

...But as a guy, I felt a little awkward.

The problem arose at bedtime.

"It's about time to sleep... Oh, where should I sleep? There's no spare room, right?"

Misato asked her mother.

There used to be one spare room in our house, where Misato used to stay overnight, but now Lily's using it.

"Oh, that's right. Hmm, how about using my bedroom? I'll sleep in the living room."

"No, that would be rude..."

Misato seemed to be thinking for a moment.

Then she glanced at Lily.

...Was she asking Lily to sleep together?

"I don't mind sleeping with Misato..."

"Then, should we sleep together, Sota?"

Misato grabbed my arm, laughing.

"Eh... but it'll be too hot."

"It's okay. We used to sleep together when we were little. Is there a problem? We're close, right?"

...Well, it's not a big deal if I say it's not.

But maybe it's better for me to sleep with Mom rather than with Misato, a guy and all?

"No, no way!!"

Before I could respond, Lily intervened, forcefully pulling Misato and me apart.

"If Misato can sleep with Sota, then I'll sleep with Sota!"

It feels like déjà vu...

"No, that's weird."

"It's not weird!! If Misato can sleep with Sota, why can't I?!"

"Oh, well..."

Well, she has a point.

Before I could answer, Misato burst into laughter.

"In that case, why don't the three of us, Misato, Sota, and Amelia-chan, sleep together?"

"...That's fine. I'll allow it then."

...What about my opinion?

It's going to be cramped with three people.

And even if Misato is there, sleeping with Lily seems problematic...

Just as I was about to object, at that moment...

"Oh? Then, should I join too? Let's sleep together with all four of us!!"

My idiotic parent said something absurd.

That's not happening.

In the living room...

"I'm next to Sota!"

"I'll be next to Sota too."

"Then, I'll be next to Misato. It's been a while since we've done this!"

We laid out the futons and the four of us lay down side by side.

We only have two futons in our house — it's surprisingly cramped.

"Hey. I'll just sleep in my own room..."

"No, you can't."

She grabbed my arm.

"Sota, you're next to me. That's the rule."

Lily insisted, puffing out her cheeks.

Something weird seems to have clicked.

The cause... Misato?

Lily seems to have some strange competitiveness towards Misato, who used to sleep with me.

It shouldn't be something to compete over...

"Then, I'll turn off the light."

Misato said with a half-smile and turned off the light.

The room was enveloped in darkness.

I could only hear Lily's breathing from beside me.

From our slightly touching skin, I could feel a faint warmth.

...Isn't this a bit too close?

"Lily, can you move a little further?"

"I can't. This is the limit."

Lily's breath tickled my ear.

I started feeling strange.

I quickly turned my back to Lily.

"Goodnight."

I declared and closed my eyes.

I can't help but feel tense.

...I'll just forget about Lily.

I turned away from Lily and started counting sheep in my head.

As the number of sheep exceeded two hundred, I began to drift off... when suddenly...

"Mmm..."

Something clung to my back.

I could feel warmth and softness.

My heart skipped a beat, and I woke up.

"Sota..."

A soft, melting voice came from behind.

Is she sleep talking...?

“...I like you. I love you.”

"...Huh?"

I couldn't help but speak out.

At the same time, I felt Lily's body tense up for a moment.

Could it be, she's awake?

Not sleep talking...?

She said she likes me? Loves me?

...Me?

Could it be, she thought I was asleep...?

I nervously waited for Lily's next words.

But Lily didn't say anything.

Was it just sleep talking?

No, her breathing seems odd...

Is it my imagination?

"Lily. Are you awake...?"

Unable to bear it, I whispered to Lily.

Then...

"I... I can't eat anymore. I'm... I'm full..."

Food?!!

It seems her "liking" was about food.

I sighed in relief.

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post

Ad

Support Us