Active JK Idol Seems to be Interested in Me Who is a Free Person. - Chapter 65 English


 Chapter 65 – Let’s take a break with a spin-off (part 3)


Before returning from the sea, the two of us decided to sit on the bench in front of the beach house and eat ice candy. 

I handed her one of the two ice candies I bought.

"You said you didn't have pocket money, so why is your wallet so full?"

"...I quietly helped with an acquaintance's job to avoid my parents finding out, and it somehow accumulated. I don't know how much one should spend on a date, so I just inflated my wallet for now."

"What kind of job did you do?"

"Now, the internet has been developed worldwide, and it will soon land in Japan. My uncle, a university professor, was working on related tasks, and I was assisting him."

"Oh... Kazunari-san is amazing after all. I may not know much about this 'internet' thing, but I understand it's intellectual."

"Intellectual... Anyway, look, the ice candy is starting to melt."

Mitsu, in a hurry, bit into the ice candy. Desperately eating, she seemed a bit alluring. The way she licked it was, well, provocative...

"Kazunari-san, what's wrong?"

"Oh, no, I'm... not thinking about anything."

In the shade, the both of us listened to the sound of wind chimes while gazing at the sea. Sitting next to me, Mitsu was not just cute but extremely beautiful. Staring at her made me feel captivated, so I looked away.

"If you're going out with me, there's one promise I want you to make."

"Yes, please tell me whatever it is."

"...I want you to avoid exposing too much skin."

"Skin?"

"Well, there might be unavoidable situations due to work, but when you're next to me... please minimize exposure."

"Okay. I understand, but... are you, Kazunari-san, a follower of some kind of religious belief about skin exposure?"

"No, no, just a regular Buddhist. I consider exposing skin as... indecent."

"Indecent? So, should I wear things with less skin exposure next time... like a kimono?"

I nodded.

"That's good. Less skin exposure in a kimono."

"Huh? But..."

"Let's go buy a kimono right now."

"What? But..."

"An impromptu decision. If you're going to be my girlfriend, you should be prepared for that."

"Eh, okay."

Surprisingly, Mitsu widened her eyes at this moment. After that, we headed to a kimono shop. The owner selected something suitable for her, and she tried it on.

"How... how does it look?"

Wrapped in pure white fabric, in a kimono that matched her dignified demeanor, I found myself mesmerized.

"Ah, it suits you. Not cute, but beautiful. I feel like capturing that beauty in a painting."

Saying that, Mitsu blushed more than ever and buried her face in my chest.

"I-it's too much. Even though you don't really like me."

"It's not about liking or not. You are beautiful, and that's a fact. No need to hide it."

"Enough already."

She rubbed her head against me. Surprisingly charming in her own way. After buying the kimono, as we left the shop, she stopped me with a worried expression.

"Um, I'll pay you back for the kimono next time."

"Why are you saying that?"

"Because that kimono is very expensive."

"Hey, don't mention the price. Besides, I suggested it, and I happened to have money in my wallet. Why worry about it?"

"Well, but..."

"If you're so concerned, I can always throw it away if you don't like it."

"No! I absolutely won't!"

"Well, if we break up, you might throw it away, right? That's what the girls in the class say about things received from ex-boyfriends."

Mitsu firmly squeezed my hand. At that moment, the pain was felt first, but her serious expression prevailed, making me forget the pain.

"Don't say things like breaking up."

"S-sorry."

It took me a while to realize that what I said hurt her. For her, being told something like that on the first day of dating, even if a bit forceful, must have been tough.

"Ah, no... I became a bit too overbearing. I apologize."

"No, really, I'm sorry."

Awkwardly, I bowed my head. It wasn't common for me to apologize sincerely like this.

"Kazunari-san. I will wear this kimono for the rest of my life!"

"Huh, but..."

"Even if you end up with that 3rd year student and discard me, I'll keep wearing it!"

"Discard? That's a harsh way to put it."

Mitsu leaned against my left arm, peering into my face with both hands wrapped around my left arm.

"I can't love anyone other than Kazunari-san."

"Well... you say that again."

She took a few steps ahead and turned back to speak further.

"Kazunari-san is the protagonist in the lyrics of my debut song."

"Debut song?"

"Yes. I wrote the lyrics myself. Please listen to it sometime."

Even though she said that, it would be a while before I actually listened to that song. We said our goodbyes at the station, and I walked back home.

...The first and last date had come to an end.


Translator: Janaka

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Announcement

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Vtuber Childhood Friend and Voice Actress Childhood Friend Are Too Tense
Translation changes for some character names:
Nakamura Kou = Nakamura Wataru
Hinata Haruka = Hyuuga Haruka

Support Us