I Reincarnated as the Villain in a Rom-Com, but I'm Enjoying Youth with My Favorite Heroine - Chapter 38 English


 Chapter 38 - Epilogue


The four of us walked through the streets, dyed in the colors of the sunset.

It was the usual path home, but today, it felt special to me.

Mashiro was walking beside me. Reo and Nishikawa were there too.

As I walked, savoring this simple happiness, Reo started talking to Nishikawa.

"Kyoya, did you bring club equipment again? If we’re going to the family restaurant after this, won’t the basketball get in the way?"

"No chance, Reo. I may have skipped practice, but I still want to hold the ball. I can’t relax without it."

"Honestly, you..."

"It’s fine, I’ll put it back in the club room tomorrow. No complaints today, right? After all, today’s a big day for Ryusuke."

"True. I’ll let it slide just for today."

Nishikawa lowered the ball he was carrying on his shoulder. Reo looked at him with exasperation, but with a kind gaze.

Watching their interaction, Mashiro and I couldn’t help but chuckle.

"Hey, Ryusuke. I know we’re talking about going to the family restaurant, but what about the café we went to last time when we hung out?"

"The one with the cute latte art?"

"Yeah! I think Reo and Nishikawa would like it too, and maybe we could ask the barista to make a special latte art to celebrate you, Ryusuke!"

"Haha, a special latte art just for me? That sounds good."

"Then it’s settled! Let’s all go!"

"I’m on board, Mashiro. I’m curious about that latte art."

"Latte art? What’s that? Is it food?"

"It’s a drink they serve at cafés. They draw pictures on top of it, and it’s fun to look at."

"Oh, pictures, huh? Sounds cool. I might ask for one with a basketball."

"You really love basketball, don’t you, Nishikawa? I’m sure they’d draw it if you ask!"

"Hehe, Mashiro, I’m looking forward to it...!"

"Ahaha, Nishikawa, you're stammering again!"

We all laughed at Nishikawa’s reaction. It was a truly joyful moment, and the ordinary streets seemed to shine brighter than any breathtaking view in the world.

With that, we headed toward the café we’d visited before.

As we walked, Nishikawa started dribbling the basketball when he spotted a large park nearby.

"Hey, hey. We’ve got some time, don’t we? How about playing some basketball at that park over there? Look, there’s a court!"

"Kyoya, you’re on break but still can’t resist playing basketball, huh? Well, I don’t mind. I’ve been wanting to play with Ryusuke again."

"I’ll play too! Believe it or not, I was a regular on the girls’ basketball team in elementary school!"

"So, Mashiro, you’re experienced too. Great, let’s do two-on-two!"

"I’d love to. I’ve been cooped up studying for exams, and I’m itching to sweat it out."

"Yay! Let’s split into teams! We’ll draw lots to make it fair!"

Agreeing with Mashiro’s suggestion, we headed into the nearby park.

The park, bathed in sunset, was quiet and peaceful, with a gentle breeze blowing from time to time.

As we placed our bags on a bench, Mashiro was drawing lots using an app on her phone.

The screen displayed the teams: Mashiro and I, versus Reo and Nishikawa.

"Alright, teams are decided, fair and square!"

"Fair? Mashiro... you put the two hardcore basketball club members against us, the go-home club duo..."

"The results are final! Ryusuke, let’s give it our best!"

"Sounds good, Ryusuke. Even though we were on the same team in gym class, I’ve been wanting to compete against you for a while."

"Hah, no way we’re losing with Reo on my team. I’ll show you the skills of an active basketball club member!"

Reo and Nishikawa, rolling up their sleeves, were eager to get started, and I couldn’t help but smile wryly.

But we had our own strategy. With Mashiro on my side, I’d already figured out a way to neutralize one of the basketball club players.

"Mashiro, your leg’s all healed up, right?"

"Yup, I’m totally fine now. I’m ready!"

"That’s a relief. Then you’re on Nishikawa. Shut him down completely."

"Oh, I get it! Leave it to me!"

With a mischievous smile, Mashiro confidently stood in front of Nishikawa.

"Hehe, Nishikawa, I’m going to stop you completely!"

"Eep!! Ma-Mashiro...!?"

"Ugh... Ryusuke, that’s a clever move. With Mashiro in front of him, Kyoya’s going to get too nervous to even focus on basketball...!"

"Sorry, Reo. Nothing personal, this is all part of the strategy to win against you two."

"Fine. But I won’t lose, Ryusuke!"

"Bring it on!"

And so, our after-school basketball game began.

In the sunset-colored park, the sound of dribbling echoed. The four of us chased the basketball, sweating as we played.

It was so fun that we completely lost track of time, running around the court without a care in the world.

As I played, illuminated by a page of dazzling youth, I remembered the time when I was first reborn into this world.

At first, I was completely lost. I didn’t know what to do or where I was supposed to go, as if my path was shrouded in fog.

But there were people who reached out to me. People who stood by my side, walking forward with me.

With the support of those dear to me, and all the hard work I’d put in, I managed to secure first place in the final exams. That was the first step towards grasping happiness. I faced and shattered the absolute power of this world’s protagonist.

Even now, there are still many who look at me with hostility.

But little by little, the world around me is starting to change.

As I held the ball, I glanced at Mashiro, who was smiling at me.

"Ryusuke! Pass!"

"Got it!"

Mashiro dodged past Nishikawa and threw a sharp, precise pass my way. Even Reo couldn’t react in time, and the ball landed perfectly in my hands.

I nodded at Mashiro, and she nodded back, trusting me.

"Thanks, Mashiro!"

"Go for it, Ryusuke!"

In this second life, I’m determined to seize the best youth and a happy ending.

To protect Mashiro’s beloved smile forever.

With that wish in mind, I took a long shot. The ball flew cleanly into the hoop, without grazing the rim, shaking the net as it sank through.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Ad

Support Us