I Reincarnated as the Villain in a Rom-Com, but I'm Enjoying Youth with My Favorite Heroine - Chapter 47 English


 Chapter 47 - Mashiro’s Sleepy Morning


The chirping of birds announced the arrival of the morning.

In the midst of my hazy consciousness, I rubbed my still heavy eyelids and opened my eyes to find a refreshing sunlight streaming in through the window.

The rain that had lasted all day had completely stopped, leaving behind a clear blue sky with not a cloud in sight. Because of that, the room had that distinct, slow-building summer morning heat hanging in the air.

As I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand and turned over, I found a girl with an angelic, adorable face sleeping right beside me.

Her translucent white skin, perfectly shaped nose, and plump, glossy lips stood out. Her beautiful black hair flowed smoothly, with some strands falling over her slightly flushed cheeks. A sweet fragrance wafted from her slender neck, and I couldn’t help but swallow a bit of saliva.

Come to think of it, last night I had used Mashiro as a body pillow to sleep.

With the first-ever indoor camping and a sudden blackout, I was more excited than usual yesterday.

Because of that, I think I did some bold things, telling myself, “Today’s a special day.” As I recalled this, my sleep-fogged mind gradually began to clear.

Looking back now, I realized just how embarrassing it had been. Stroking Mashiro’s cheeks, touching her ears, and even tickling her under her chin...

Every time these memories resurfaced, my heart would race, and I took deep breaths in an attempt to calm my pounding chest.

After finally regaining my composure, I gazed at Mashiro’s sleeping face, lying peacefully beside me.

As she slept, she looked incredibly defenseless, appearing much younger than usual. The term “innocent angel” suited her perfectly.

I gently stroked Mashiro’s soft black hair as she breathed quietly, suu, suu. She stirred slightly, letting out a sweet sound, “Mmm...”, and snuggled closer to me.

She must have been having a good dream.

Judging by her slack expression and her slightly drooling lips, she was probably immersed in something wonderful.

I thought to myself that I shouldn’t disturb Mashiro’s lovely dream, and as I quietly tried to slip out of the tent without waking her...

Mashiro pressed her head against my chest and clung to me tightly.

Her soft, fluffy hair tickled me, and the warmth of her gentle body felt so comfortable.

(Maybe... just a little longer like this won’t hurt.)

I found myself so fond of the sleeping Mashiro that I didn’t want to let go of her warmth.

So, I gently pulled her small body closer to me. Just as she had done for me last night, I wrapped my arm around her back and softly patted her.

Mashiro nestled into my embrace, entirely at ease, with a content expression on her face as she continued to sleep.

As I savored her warmth and softness for a while, Mashiro’s blue eyes slowly fluttered open.

“Mm... Ryuu... suke...?”

Her blue eyes, still hazy with sleep, looked at me, though they didn’t seem entirely focused. With a sleepy, happy smile, she pressed her head against my chest like a kitten seeking affection, snuggling tightly into my embrace.

It was as if she was making sure I was really there. Then, in a sweet, drowsy voice, she spoke.

“Ryusuke... good morning.”

“Good morning, Mashiro. Did you sleep well?”

“Mm, yeah... I slept well...”

Her sleepy, slightly slurred speech and defenseless appearance made her even more endearing. Then, Mashiro hugged me again, her soft voice weaving her words.

“Hehehe... you were in my dream, Ryusuke...”

“What kind of dream was it?”

“Well, I was cuddling up to you a lot... It was such a happy dream.”

“That doesn’t sound too different from what’s happening now, does it?”

“Yeah... It feels like I’m continuing that dream.”

“I see. But what’s happening right now isn’t a dream, you know?”

“Mm... that’s why I’m so happy.”

“Mashiro, you’re really a cuddle bug, huh? There, there.”

As I patted her head, Mashiro relaxed with a soft smile, her cheeks slackening in contentment.

I wanted to pamper Mashiro like this forever, but it was about time to start cleaning up the room. Even though her mother rarely came home, if she saw the living room turned into a campsite, she’d probably be quite surprised.

Resisting the urge to fall back asleep with Mashiro, I called out to her.

“Mashiro, it’s time to get up.”

“Mmm... noooo.”

“No ‘no.’ We need to clean up the tent and get breakfast ready.”

“Mm... what’s for breakfast...?”

“I was thinking of making your favorite—tamagoyaki and miso soup. Maybe I’ll grill some salmon, too.”

“Yay! Then I’ll get up.”

“Seriously, you’re so easy to please.”

“Hehehe...”

Mashiro giggled as she rubbed her head against my chest one last time before pulling away.

Still looking a bit sleepy, she rubbed her eyes as she slowly made her way out of the tent. I followed after her.

It seemed the power outage from last night had already been restored, and when I pressed the air conditioner remote, cool air immediately flowed from it.

Yesterday, with the bad weather, it had been cold, but today, the temperature had flipped back to typical midsummer heat. Having the air conditioner working and cooling the room was a relief.

After that, Mashiro and I folded up the tent that had turned the living room into a campsite, and we put away the rest of the camping gear. We also moved the furniture, which we had pushed to the corners of the room, back to their original positions, and Mashiro and I both took a breath.

It seemed like the clean-up had fully woken Mashiro, and partway through, she returned to her usual, lively self.

“That’s everything done.”

“Yep. Good job, Ryusuke!”

“Alright, then, let’s make good on our promise and cook breakfast.”

“I’ve been waiting for that!”

As I headed toward the kitchen, Mashiro suddenly jumped and hugged my arm, flashing a big, beaming smile.

She really is a cuddle bug, I thought to myself as I watched her smile, feeling my own cheeks relax in response.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Ad

Support Us