A Noble Young Lady Who Is Supposed to Be Studying Abroad, But For Some Reason She Is Only Training to Be a Bride - Chapter 30 English


 Chapter 30


The sports festival was to be held on Sunday.

The day before, Saturday.

I stood in the kitchen with my mother, Lily.

We were preparing bento boxes for the lunch break at the sports festival.

Since the cafeteria would be closed on Sunday, we needed to bring our own lunches.

We planned to do the plating in the morning of the day, so we were preparing the food that could be made in advance and would last until the next day. 

But...

"Mother, isn't that bento box... a bit too large?"

"Let's pack everything we can now," she said, pulling out a huge bento box... or rather, it was more like a tiered food box.

No matter how much Lily eats, twice as much as me, that box was too big.

What does she think of Lily?

"It's for five people, so this size is about right,"

She said nonchalantly.

...Five people?

Me, Lily... and perhaps Misato too?

But who are the other two?

"...Could it be, Mother, you're coming too?"

"Eh? Is it bad if I come? Are you embarrassed?"

I'm not a middle schooler.

I wouldn't say it's embarrassing for a parent to come to a school event...

"You've never come before."

My mother wasn't very interested in school events.

She would show up at the bare minimum when I was in elementary school.

And often she didn't come because she was busy with work.

She hasn't come once since I started middle school.

Not that I want her to come, but I'm curious about her sudden change of heart.

"We need to capture Lily's bravery on camera,"

"Ah, I see."

For Lily.

Strictly speaking, for Lily's parents.

To show them that their daughter is doing well with photos.

Indeed, that's important.

"But even including you, Mother, that's four people... Ah, Father?"

"Yes. We decided to bring our own bento boxes. And I'll introduce Lily too. 'Here's our future daughter,'" 

He always comes.

He'll probably come this time too.

So, we're going to have a family gathering for the first time in a while.

Lily as the future daughter is a misunderstanding, or rather, jumping the gun by my mother.

"You should have told me sooner."

"Didn't I tell you?"

"No, you didn't."

"Oh. But I'm telling you now."

As always, she's so carefree.

But it's information that would be fine to know on the day itself, so it doesn't really matter.

"So, Lily. I'll introduce you to my father on the day of the sports festival... Lily?"

"…Huh? Did you say something?"

When I called out to her, Lily jumped with a start.

"My father's coming to the sports festival, so I'll introduce you."

"Is that so? Father is... Yes, I understand."

Lately, Lily seems to be lost in thought a lot.

Thinking about something.

Looking anxious.

Seeming like she wants to say something to me, or starting to say something.

"Are you feeling unwell?"

"No, it's just a little..."

I touched my forehead to Lily's.

Hmm, she seems a bit feverish...

"Stop, please!"

She pushed me away with both hands.

Looking at her, her face was flushed red.

"Your face is red... Are you okay? You don't have a fever, do you?"

"It's your fault! You idiot, pervert! I hate you!!"

Lily shouted, hitting my chest with both hands.

It hurt a bit.

"Sorry. I touched you too casually. Forgive me, it hurts..."

"…Don't ever do it again."

Lily snorted softly.

For a moment, she seemed to return to her usual self...

But then she quickly wore a troubled expression again.

Something she regretted...

Could it be homesickness?

"Ah, youth..."

My mother laughed happily.

Somehow, it's irritating.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Ad

Support Us