Vtuber Childhood Friend and Voice Actress Childhood Friend Are Too Tense - Chapter 6 English

 

Chapter 6 – Nakamura Wataru: The Ambiguity of Being a Teacher of Idol Voice Actress (2)


 When I look at the clock, it's past 19:00.

 Aoi coming to my place after several months, and for a high school girl to visit a boy's house alone, it's quite late.

 Until six months ago, the three of us used to be together until this time, but now I feel strangely nervous.

 "Eh? Aoi?"

 Haruka's face, peering into the monitor, momentarily stiffens, but then returns to her usual smile.

 While I'm curious about Haruka's reaction, ignoring Aoi is not an option.

 Besides, if it helps improve their relationship, I'd be happy.

 "I'm relieved. I was wondering what to do if you didn't open the door."

 When I open the door, Aoi, wearing the school-designated jersey, breathes a sigh of relief.

 "No, no, I wouldn't ignore Aoi."

 "But Haruka is here, right?"

 "Why would I ignore Aoi just because Haruka is here?"

 It's a bit sad to be perceived that way.

 "Well, you know, when a healthy young man and woman are alone together..."

 "Come on, come on!"

 What is she even talking about?

 "You're doing hot yoga! Naughty!"

 "Yoga... Well, I haven't done it. And hot yoga isn't inherently 'that' kind of thing."

 Certainly, that outfit... No, it's just practical for ease of movement.

 "Really? Aren't you two practicing breathing fire together?"

 "The 'hot' in hot yoga doesn't mean that!"

 Practicing breathing fire is considered 'that'?

 "Huh?"

 It was Aoi.

 Apparently, at school, she's often seen as a cool beauty, but others' opinions aren't always reliable.

 "Do you want to try hot yoga?"

 "No, it's not like that! I'm not thinking anything 'that' way. Besides, if I were to do it, it'd only be with Wataru!"

 "Oh? ...Want to do it together at my place?"

 I don't know much about hot yoga, but there are probably plenty of instructional videos available.

 "Huh?"

 Aoi's face brightens momentarily, then quickly shifts to confusion.

 This might be a chance to bring together Aoi and Haruka.

 "We're having dinner soon, but I can prepare an extra portion."

 "Extra portion... No, I'll pass."

 Oh no... 

She probably thought she was an unwanted guest.

 "No need to hold back. It's more fun with three people."

 "I'll pass. I also need to tidy up my room."

 This time, it's a clear rejection without any qualifiers.

 "I see. Feel free to come anytime."

 "Sure, if I have time."

 How many times have I heard that refusal?

 "I'm just here to say hello after moving."

 "Moving... Wait, you're my neighbor!?"

 "Yes, we're neighbors now, so let's get along."

 "What about your previous apartment?"

 It's hard to imagine someone moving from that luxurious apartment to here.

 "My parents live there."

 "Huh?"

 "What?"

 Our conversation isn't quite aligning...

 "Are you living alone now?"

 "I'm earning my own money, and my parents gave permission for me to be next to Wataru."

 "They're still so permissive."

 But seriously, she's got a lot of initiative, doesn't she?

 "You know, with my job in voice acting, I need to project my voice loudly. So, I even got a soundproof room."

 "It's hard to believe a high school student would make that purchase."

 Both in terms of content and likely cost.

 "Anyway, here's something for you."

 Aoi hands me a box from a nearby cake shop.

 "Um... It's not my birthday yet, though?"

 "Do you want to eat cake with me on your birthday?"

 "I didn't say that, but sure, I'd love to."

 All three of us.

 "Ah..."

 Aoi hesitated for a moment, then handed me a box of cake.

 "Moving Mont Blanc. Let's eat it together."

 "Isn't it soba noodles?"

 "But you see, the shape is noodle-like, and this one is stronger, right?"

 "Strong...? Uh, yeah...?"

 Aoi's peculiar way of speaking—it's been a while since I heard it. 

I still don't quite understand what she's saying, but considering there's even a "Violet Lexicon" created online, I shouldn't be surprised. 

Maybe I should apologize to all the soba shops across the country. 

Or perhaps even to the Mont Blanc itself.

 "Well then, see you."

 Aoi pushed the Mont Blanc toward me and returned to her room.

Her criteria—fine with moving in next door but not having dinner together—is so typically Aoi.

 Back in the living room, I nearly collided with Haruka, who was clutching her study materials. She must have been eavesdropping on our conversation at the entrance.

 "Are you leaving?"

 "Yeah, can I come over again tomorrow?"

 "Of course, but how about eating this together first? Looks like there are two in there."

 "But... Isn't this something Aoi gave you?"

 "I told you. There are two in there."

 What does it mean that there are portions for both of us? 

At the very least, Aoi knew Haruka was here and bought two. 

Not being explicitly told to eat it together with Haruka speaks volumes about their current relationship. 

Maybe switching from two bowls of soba to a Mont Blanc is... well, very Aoi-like. 

But perhaps I'm overthinking it.

 "I'm on a diet, though..."

 Haruka looked at the Mont Blanc transferred to a plate in front of her, her fork hesitating.

 "Then let's split it."

 I took another plate from the cupboard and divided Haruka's Mont Blanc in half, placing it on my own plate.

 "Hey, Haruka, can I ask about what happened between you and Aoi?"

 I had lightly asked once when their behavior seemed odd. 

Since then, I'd been unable to ask, assuming it would settle down quickly. 

But as time went on, it became harder to broach the subject. 

Still, I couldn't leave it like this.

 "Well..."

 "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

 I didn't want to make Haruka uncomfortable.

 "Sorry, I didn't want to say."

 "No, it's okay. I just hoped that you and Aoi could get along like before."

 "Yeah... I'm sorry."

 Haruka lowered her head.

 "And I apologize too. I didn't mean to create this atmosphere. Let's enjoy the moving Mont Blanc."

 "Sure."

 Haruka delicately took a bite of the Mont Blanc.

 "It's delicious."

 Her smile, tinged with loneliness yet kindness, made me believe that someday we'd laugh together like we used to. 

I finished the moving Mont Blanc and carried both plates to the kitchen.

 "Aoi can be sly..."

 Haruka's quiet murmur left me wondering about its meaning.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Announcement

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Vtuber Childhood Friend and Voice Actress Childhood Friend Are Too Tense
Translation changes for some character names:
Nakamura Kou = Nakamura Wataru
Hinata Haruka = Hyuuga Haruka

Support Us