A Noble Young Lady Who Is Supposed to Be Studying Abroad, But For Some Reason She Is Only Training to Be a Bride - Chapter 4 English


 Chapter 4


"Sota. How do I look, does it suit me?"

"L-Lily!?"

Lily appeared before me, clad in a babydoll nightie. 

The thin fabric, adorned with ribbons and lace, was somehow elegant, yet at the same time, very provocative. 

Under the blue fabric, her pale skin faintly shone through.

"Hey, L-Lily... what are you planning to do!?"

I instinctively stepped back. Lily approached me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

Then she brought her lips close to my ear and whispered.

"It's bride training."

"...A dream?"

And finally, I woke up. 

Confirming that the events up until now were a dream, from the morning sun streaming in and finding myself on the bed, I involuntarily placed my hand on my forehead.

"Really, what kind of dream am I having..."

Normally, I wouldn't have such dreams...

 It seems I've become overly conscious of various things since Lily came to our house.

It looks like it's going to be tough until I get used to it.

I stretched lightly and then got out of bed. 

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I headed to the dining room.

"Flip it over soon. Carefully, okay?"

"Yes. Uh, this is..."

"It’s okay, it’s okay. There’s still a chance to roll it up again. As long as it looks good in the end, that’s what matters."

"Is that so?"

"Worst case, it's all the same once it's in the stomach."

"Yes!"

In the kitchen, my mother and Lily were cooking side by side. 

It seems she's learning how to cook.

In our house, we share the household chores. 

Lily will probably start doing them little by little once she gets used to living here. 

Today seems to be a practice day for that.

"Uh... it's all messed up. This is my..."

"It's okay. Sota will eat it without complaining."

"But..."

"Good morning."

When I called out, Lily jolted. 

On the other hand, my mother looked surprised.

"Oh... you're already dressed?"

"Yeah, well... Is breakfast ready?"

"Yes, just finished. Right?"

"Eh, yes... well..."

Lily, looking unusually apologetic, offered me something that seemed to be a rolled omelet. 

It was somewhere between scrambled eggs and a rolled omelet. 

The shape wasn't exactly flattering...

What's important is the taste. 

Since she made it with my mother, it shouldn't taste strange.

"Thank you."

I took the rolled omelet and brought it to my seat. 

Everything else had already been served.

“”"Itadakimasu."””

We began our breakfast. 

My routine is to start with miso soup, but since earlier, Lily's gaze has been intense. 

She's staring at me...

With this morning's dream in mind, being stared at by Lily makes me overly conscious...

I'll start with the rolled omelet. 

I picked up a piece with my chopsticks and put it in my mouth. 

The right amount of saltiness and sweetness, along with the aroma of the broth, wafted through my nose.

"...How is it?"

"It's delicious. Not bad for a first try?"

The seasoning wasn't much different from what my mother makes... 

Of course, since they measured the ingredients together.

"Is that so? Hehe, Of course."

Relieved by my words, Lily showed her usual confident expression. 

And finally, she began to eat her meal. 

She skillfully separated the flesh of the grilled fish.

She was very good with chopsticks during last night's dinner too. 

I wonder if she practiced as much as she did with Japanese?

"But, Lily-chan. For a first attempt at cooking, you did well. You even used the measuring spoon properly."

"I have made sweets before."

I remember, back when we were in England, Lily had made sweets. 

Even when we went out together on a holiday, she made sandwiches that seemed homemade.

She can probably make sweets and simple snacks.

"Wow, really! Then, can you make some for us next time?"

"Yes, leave it to me, mother."

Mother.

Since last night, Lily has been calling my mother "mother." 

My mother jokingly said, "Since I'm your host mother, you can call me 'mother,'" and Lily took it seriously.

In exchange, Lily told my mother to call her "Lily" instead of "Amelia."

It took me half a year to be able to call Lily by her name...

I feel somewhat complicated.

"Thank you for the meal."

After finishing the meal, it's time to wash the dishes. 

We have a rotation for breakfast, but washing dishes is always done together. 

It's a rule to divide the work between washing and drying with my mother.

"I'll do it too."

"Oh, really? You're going to have a hard time from now on, and you don't have to do it until you're used to Japan..."

There's a lot to learn, and housework can wait. 

Despite my mother's consideration, Lily shook her head vigorously.

"It's bride training."

At Lily's words, my mother's eyes widened. 

Then she nodded, understanding, and smiled happily.

"I see! Then, Lily-chan, let's wash the dishes together!"

It seems my mother understood the meaning of Lily's words. 

Is she a psychic or something?

"Then, Lily-chan. Put on this apron and stand there."

"Yes."

Lily quickly put on an apron, rolled up her sleeves, and took a sponge in hand... 

But she tilted her head. 

She didn't start washing the dishes right away.

"Mother, I have something to ask."

"What is it?"

"How do you wash dishes?"

She's cooked before, but hasn't washed dishes...? 

Oh, right.

She probably had the servants do the tedious cleanup.

"Well, first, rinse lightly with water..."

My mother, though a bit perplexed, began to teach Lily how to wash dishes. 

Lily was a bit awkward at first but managed to wash the dishes properly.

She's naturally skillful, so she'll probably get the hang of it quickly.

"Sota."

After I finished wiping the last dish, Lily spoke to me.

"Yeah?"

"I'll do my best with the bride training. Please have expectations."

"Ah, yeah...? Understood."

Doesn't she need to learn the language...?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Announcement

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Vtuber Childhood Friend and Voice Actress Childhood Friend Are Too Tense
Translation changes for some character names:
Nakamura Kou = Nakamura Wataru
Hinata Haruka = Hyuuga Haruka

Support Us